These are things that will affect your search engine rankings from outside of your web page. These are very important for growing the overall popularity of your site and make it easier for you to rank well for your chosen keyword phrases.
Create excellent content because it affects the following:
1. How much your content is shared on social media…this provides important clues to search engines about the quality of your content.
2. How long a search engine user stays on your site. If searches on a search engine and finds your site, but clicks back right away, it will tell the search engine that you may not be very relevant for that phrase.
3. How often your content is linked to. If you have good stuff, people will link to it…but beware, search engines can detect quality links, so old self-linking practices are dead.
4. Make sure you have a social media presence and you readily encourage your visitors to share your content on social media. It’s important that you’re being seen all over the web, if you want Google to give you favour.
Ways to ensure you’ve got quality engaging content that attracts users and search engines:
5. Each page should be on one unique topic.
6. Your navigation is clear and all your content is easily found by humans and search engines.
7. Use attention-getting headlines to grab your visitors’ attention and so they know they’re in the right place.
8. Make your content easy to read by using short sentences and paragraphs. Keep your words simple.
9. Break up your copy with subheads and bullet points, so viewers can scan it easily…instead of having them click away.
10. Use images to draw the eye in and tell a story with your content. Humans are visual creatures and photos and other images can help retain their attention.
11. Don’t forget to connect with other website owners in your niche. Friends tend to share the content of others, so this is just a win-win for all of you.